Being married has its perks but there are some definate downfalls. For the past two years I have lived with a boy and while I’m used to it now it defiantly took me awhile.
What do I mean?
I mean to say that some (not all) boys are gross and have weird habits. So I made a small list of things that living with a boy has tought me.
- You will find cereal bowls in the bathroom (that they ate while doing their business)
- Eating peanut butter on a tortilla shell or mustard pretzels with captain crunch is a normal meal and they may even go as far as calling it cuisine
- Putting your legs on a mans lap while your dating may be sexy move but when your married be prepared to be farted on
- Eating a bowl of popcorn will never be the same. He may spend ten minutes getting a kernel out of his teeth, then pee, then not wash his hands and once all of that is said and done he’ll go for a big handful
- You will hear car sounds from the bathroom
- You will begin to notice what car is which and how it is made and then wonder why you even care
- Smells. In their beard. On their clothes. On there skin…. Sweat is everywhere
- Socks will always be on the floor in front of the couch as if they belong there
- Your hair may clog the shower drain but his beard trimmings all of the bathroom counter will never go away
- Toenails will be everywhere
There are so many more but I’ll stop there. I know without a doubt that girls have there issues too. Like our beauty products taking over the bathroom and all of our girly smell goods. But sometimes I revert back to elementary days when I gave myself the cootie shot.
All jokes aside I love being married and living with my best friend and husband but sometimes I’m just reminded of how hard it is to live with a boy. (As he rolls his eyes and says the same thing about living with a girl) 😀