- It has been more then 80 years sense the US has passed a major federal law governing the cosmetics industry. It’s was 1938 that the last law was past!
- There are more than 80,000 chemicals on the market today. Many don’t have ANY safety data. This is particularly true of those used in skincare and beauty industries.
- The European Union has banned or restricted 1,400 ingredients from personal care products. Australia 600 and the US, 30. Yes, you read that right. The US has a mere 30 ingredients. Basically anything goes unless proven dangerous. (Which is why I choose Arbonne because we ban 2,000 ingredients!)
- The FDA doesn’t have the authority to remove harmful ingredients from the products we put on our bodies every day. Fun times! Yeah, not so much…
- Decades of studies indicate that serious health issues (cancer, infertility and asthma) are on the rise and due in some part to our ongoing exposure to toxic chemicals.
I hope you enjoyed my little list! I’m keeping it short and sweet this week. Not that this info is exactly sweet…
It’s been an emotional weekend. My stepdad went into the ER this past weekend. He has COPD and was diagnosed with pneumonia AND influenza A. It was a lot for his body to take on. He was on oxygen all weekend. Which had me worried because I’ve already last one father and I’m not really in the mood to loose another. Well, who is in the mood for that? Geez… I hope no one, unless your some sick Dexter type. Which, God, I really hope is not the case.
So meanwhile while my stepdad is sick, my uncle flies in to take care of of Grandpa John.
Now for a little back story, my parents have been the caregivers for my stepdads father for years, so when one of them goes down they need to send in reinforcements because he needed to watched at all times.
For reals, the man had emphysema and smoked with his oxygen on! Stubborn is as stubborn does I guess.
Well, in case you didn’t catch it, I said needed reinforcements not needs.
Unfortunately he ended up in the hospital too with the flu…but between his age and health issues he didn’t make it.
My heart goes out to my stepdad. I am heartbroken for him. I don’t want risk getting the flu and giving it to my babies so I haven’t had the chance to see him yet which really bums me out. But we all just got over being sick for the last two months and Emrys (my son) has already been in the ER more then any six month baby should. So ￼￼I will wait.
Much love to you all! Talk soon. ❤️